Friday 6 December 2013

‘I’m Not A Thief, I Only Steal Rams And They are Just Animals’ - 27-Year-Old Man Confesses


 The Lagos State Police Command has arrested a 27-year-old man, Nuru Owosere, for allegedly stealing a ram in Mile 12 area of the state.
PUNCH Metro learnt that the suspect was arrested in the early hours of Thursday after stealing a ram belonging to a bricklayer at the Church Avenue area. It was learnt that as the suspect was
attempting to escape, residents saw him and chased him after which he was rounded up by the mob and beaten up.
The suspect however said he was not a thief, adding that he only stole livestock. "I don’t feel taking rams is a crime, they are just animals".
“The person whose ram I took, I even know him. I never thought he would join the crowd in beating me. After all, I am not a thief, I only take people’s rams.”

No comments:

Post a Comment